* Assignments will be completed by deadline and to the best of your ability.
* Keep busy at club meetings.
* Make sure a story is assigned before writing.
* Delete stories from your Google Docs page once they have been published.
* Avoid personal pronouns (I, me, we, etc.) unless writing columns or editorials
* Write in complete sentences and in paragraph form. Do not write lists, unless asked to do so.
* Cite the sources of your information.
NEWS FOR KIDS
MORGUE (PAST EDITIONS)
ST. MARY SCHOOL: http://www.stmarymtclemens.com/
ST. MARY SPORTS: http://www.eteamz.com/stmarymountaineers2/
1. What is your favorite holiday?
2. What is your favorite season?
3. What do you want to be when you grow up?
4. This makes me really happy...
5. My pet...(if you don't have a pet, write about a pet you would like to have)
6. Make a list of things you would need to take on a camping trip.
7. When I grow up I want to be...
8. My favorite television show...
9. My school is cool because...
10. What are you thankful for?
11. How are you a good friend?
12. How has someone helped you?
13. How have you helped someone?
14. If you could bring a character to life from either television or a story, who would it be?
15. Who do you look up to and admire? What does it mean to be a good role-model? Is the person you wrote about a good role-model? Explain how.
16.Which of the four seasons do you enjoy most?
17. Which of the four seasons do you enjoy least?
18. If you could make a new holiday, what would it be? How would you celebrate? What would you do?
19. If you could choose to be trapped inside of a television show for a day, which show would you choose?
20. Create a list of "Would you Rather" questions. An example could be, "For one day, would you rather be as small as an ant or as big as a dinosaur.
21. If I were teacher for a day...
22. If you could be principal for the day at your school what would you do?
23. What are the rules at your school? Do you see them as important? Would you change any? If you would change something be sure to explain why.
24. What I like most about my home...
25. If you had one hundred dollars but were not allowed to save it or spend it on yourself, what would you do with the money?
26. Make a list of the important people in your life. If you could do something nice for these people, what would you do?
27. If you could be any animal for a day which would you be, what would you do and why would you enjoy being this particular animal?
28. Make "What If" statements...For example: What if dogs said, "Moo" instead of "Woof?"
29. Write about your favorite school memory.
30. My favorite family vacation...(If you've never been on vacation, tell where you would like to go.)
31. If you had three wishes what would you wish for and why?
32. Explain what teamwork means.
33. What sports have you played? If you've never played any sports, tell which you would like to try.
34. My favorite things to do when I have free time ...
35. What are your favorite and least favorite foods?
National Days Calendar